Summary: APS certificate will be a mandatory part of the documents for the Indian students to study in Germany.
According to the statement issued by the German Missions in India, APS certificates will be a mandatory part of the documents for the Indian students to study in Germany. Indian students applying for a German student visa must have their academic records assessed by the Academic Evaluation Center and obtain APS certificates. It should be submitted with the visa application from November 1st, 2022. Before filing a student visa application, the applicants must have an APS certificate. APS will be open for applications beginning October 1, 2022.
What is APS?
APS stands for “Akademische Prüfstelle”. It is a joint institution of the German Embassy’s cultural department and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
Here’s How to Apply?
The APS certificate application process begins with online registration.
- Register online at the APS India website to download the form. Print and complete the application form by signing it. Your application will be rejected if it contains inaccurate or incomplete information.
- APS fee is INR. 18,000, which need to be deposited into APS’s bank account.
- Submit the requirements along with the filled out APS form and send it via courier or in person at the reception desk of the APS India.
- Verifications will be done by APS and complete applications will only be processed
- After the completion of the verification, the online profiles of the applicants will be updated
- Five authentic APS certificates will be delivered by courier to successful candidates.
- Through VFS, successful candidates can apply for the German student visa
“As there still is a number of entries on the appointment waitlist for winter semester 2022, please note that – unfortunately – it is not possible for the Embassy / Consulates to verify who is in possession of a still valid admission from a German university. Therefore, all students are kindly requested to register for an appointment only if they have obtained all mandatory documents,” according to German Embassy.
To find out which documents you have to prepare, please read below.
What are the Documents Required?
Along with the printed and duly signed application form with passport size photo (not older than 6 months), the students must provide copy of
- APS fee transfer receipt
- Aadhaar card with linked mobile number
- Passport (1st and last page)
- Marksheets and degree certificate
- Language certificate – German and/or English
Based on the degree level they apply for students may be entitled to submit extra documents. After successful submission of documents, the students can receive their APS certificate within two weeks. Moreover, for APS verification, students need to pay a non-refundable fee of Rs 18,000.
Short-term courses do not require an APS certificate (less than 90 days). An APS certificate is required for courses lasting more than 90 days.
How Long is APS Certificate Valid?
After having obtained the APS certificate, it is valid indefinitely.
Master German with Edurupt
Want to be proficient in German language? Master German with Edurupt. With Edurupt, you can master German language at home – easy and fast. Edurupt is an ed-tech company that provides skill development courses in the Digital Hybrid Cohort model (Digital Content & Online Instructor-led).
DHC Model includes 3 major pillars:
- Digital Content
- Live Online Classes
- Cohort of Classmates
The course includes video lessons, online exercises, nano videos, quizzes, vocabulary training, and live online classes by C1/C2 level instructors.
Planning to Study German Language? Contact Edurupt Now.
For any queries, visit the FAQ page of Edurupt platform.